SoundCloud + AudioBox integration.
SoundCloud is a platform to store and share your media files with ease.
The score is calculated taking into consideration how many features the remote platform has to work with media files, including streaming/sync speed, reliability, API and how well it integrates with AudioBox.
- A valid SoundCloud account.
- An AudioBox account with a valid subscription.
- Media Files on your SoundCloud account.
- Get a SoundCloud account. Make sure the SoundCloud account is confirmed and that is working.
- Purchase any paid plan from AudioBox.
- Link your SoundCloud account through the Dashboard.
Preparing the sync.
AudioBox will import files that you own from your SoundCloud account, if any.
- The sync operation has been tweaked to be very fast but it may take a while. Do not attempt to resubmit the same job if you know one is already running.
- If something is not working check your notifications or your e-mail inbox. Make sure your email is working and up to date.
SoundCloud supports some of the metadata available on AudioBox.
||NO -- defaults to Username
||NO -- defaults to My Set
||Calculated by AudioBox
* If you are interested in fully automatic tagging, use AudioBox Cloud.
Artworks are supported as long as your meta tags (artist/album) are correct and will be automatically downloaded and applied in AudioBox on file import.
- AudioBox will not physically parse your files to extract an embedded artwork.
- Artworks might be attached to the files on the AudioBox platform at a later stage after the sync.
About further synchronizations.
AudioBox will not attempt to overwrite the already existing data in your AudioBox account if you change a file on SoundCloud. The policy is to preserve the custom edited metadata between syncs.
However it is entirely possible to delete and replace a file if SoundCloud flags the file as completely changed (moved to another folder, etc.).
What kind of files will be imported.
- aac (audio/aac)
- mp3 (audio/mpeg)
- m4a (audio/mp4)
- flac (audio/flac)
- mp4 (video/mp4)
- flv (video/x-flv)
- webm (video/webm)
This list will be expanded as we can reliably support other formats. Hidden/garbage and other files types will be discarded silently.
For more information about Apple Lossless encoded files check out the FAQ.
Common Special Operations
Removing all the synced media files.
Sign in your Dashboard and find the Actions button for this cloud drive. You will find the Empty button in the Actions dropdown.
This operation will not cause any harm to the files stored on the remote platform. It is recommended for the operation to finish before attempting another sync.
In order to unlink your remote account from AudioBox you need to visit the related permission page of the service.
Sign in your Dashboard and find the Actions button for this cloud drive. You will find an Unlink Account button in the Actions dropdown.
This will bring you to the dedicated server page where you can un-authorize the AudioBox app.
Once done, further operations (stream/sync) that interacts with this cloud drive from within AudioBox will fail and your authentication token will be deleted.
You may need to re-authenticate your account with AudioBox in case of problems. For example when the service tells AudioBox your credentials are expired and re-authentication is required.
Sign in your Dashboard and find the Actions button for this cloud drive. You will find a Re-Authenticate Account button in the Actions dropdown.
Using the same remote account for multiple AudioBox accounts.
Multiple AudioBox account are against the Terms of Service. In any case AudioBox won't allow to link an already in-use service account into another AudioBox account.