YouTube + AudioBox integration.
YouTube is the popular video sharing platform from Google™
AudioBox score: 4/10
The score is calculated taking into consideration how many features the remote platform has to work with media files, including streaming/sync speed, reliability, API and how well it integrates with AudioBox.
- A valid YouTube account.
- An AudioBox account with a valid subscription.
- Embeddable video files on your YouTube account.
- Get a YouTube account. Make sure the YouTube account is confirmed and that is working.
- Purchase any paid plan from AudioBox.
- Link your YouTube account through the Dashboard.
Preparing the sync.
AudioBox will import files that you own from your YouTube account.
- The sync operation has been tweaked to be very fast but it may take a while. Do not attempt to resubmit the same job if you know one is already running.
- If something is not working check your notifications or your e-mail inbox. Make sure your email is working and up to date.
- If the video file you are syncing does not have "embeddable" permissions, you won't be able to see it.
It is possible to stream private videos in the Cloud Web Player by logging in YouTube on the same browser you are using AudioBox.
The file must be embeddable by the owner.
Sometime private videos shows up in AudioBox as "Private Video" as a title. This is part of the new YouTube API, which also doesn't provide file duration or size during file listings.
YouTube supports some of the metadata available on AudioBox.
|AudioBox Tag||YouTube||Workaround available|
|Album||NO||Calculated by AudioBox (playlist name)|